Defensive Chess Books
Sometimes you will be on the receiving end of an attack in chess. Learn how to put up the most resistance to your opponent and defend your positions.
Tigran Petrosian known for his impenetrable defensive playing style annotates his best games in this book. If you want to learn how to defend in chess this is the book for you.Recommended by:
Secrets of Chess Defence
Attacking in chess is not everything. Defence is just if not more important. This book will help you understand how to defend your positions.Recommended by:
Knowing how to defend tough positions is a often overlooked skill in chess. With these books you can learn how to defend in chess.
More book lists
Looking for something more specific? Take a look at these book lists:
- Most Grandmaster recommended books (20 books)
- Tactic Books (3 books)
- Books featured in "The Queens Gambit" (4 books)
- Attacking Chess Books (2 books)
- Defensive Chess Books (2 books)
- The Best Endgame Books (7 books)
- The Best Positional Chess Books (3 books)